Last night, one of the biggest announcement in the Angular history has happened. Brad Green announced that Angular 2 Final is out!
Even though it took about 2.5 years to reach this milestone, this is really just the start. There are plans to release the Angular Material implementation for Angular 2, broader support for server-side rendering, more guides and much much more. Head over to the official blog to learn more about the future plans (we’re super excited that we made it into the list of contributors, next to all the great people who made Angular 2 happen). Or, check out Juri’s great write-up of the event.
Where to start?
Now that the core Angular 2 is considered stable, you might want to jump in and learn about it but aren’t really sure where to start. There are many good resources like the official docs, or Victor Savkin’s articles.
We’ve been writing about Angular 2 too, in fact, since over a year by now and we have 30+ articles. This can be a bit overwhelming, which is why we’ve created a little resource guide to get you started.
- Building a Zippy component in Angular
- Developing a Tabs component in Angular
- Angular Template Syntax demystified
- Component-relative Paths in Angular
Angular and ES5
- Dependency Injection in Angular
- Understanding @Injectable() in Angular
- Host and Visibility in Angular DI
- Forward References in Angular
- Angular Providers using Map literals
- Multi Providers in Angular
- How to prevent name collisions in Angular providers
- Bypassing Providers in Angular
Angular and Observables
- Taking advantage of Observables in Angular - Part 1
- Taking advantage of Observables in Angular - Part 2
- Cold vs Hot Observables
- Exploring Rx Operators: map
- Exploring Rx Operators: flatMap
- Template-driven Forms in Angular
- Reactive Forms in Angular
- Custom Validators in Angular
- Custom Form Controls in Angular
Styling and ViewEncapsulation
We hope this is useful to you and let us know if you want to have a certain topic covered on our blog!
Angular Master Class at Shopware
Join our upcoming public training!Get a ticket →
Get updates on new articles and trainings.
Join over 1400 other developers who get our content first.
RxJS Master Class and courseware updates
If you've been following us for a while, you're quite aware that we're always striving to provide up-to-date and high-quality...
Advanced caching with RxJS
When building web applications, performance should always be a top priority. One very efficient way to optimize the performance of...
Custom Overlays with Angular's CDK - Part 2
In this follow-up post we demonstrate how to use Angular's CDK to build a custom overlay that looks and feels...
Custom Overlays with Angular's CDK
The Angular Material CDK provides us with tools to build awesome and high-quality Angular components without adopting the Material Design...
Easy Dialogs with Angular Material
Building modals and dialogs isn't easy - if we do it ourselves. Angular Material comes with a powerful dialog service...
A web animations deep dive with Angular
Angular comes with a built-in animation system that lets us create powerful animations based on the Web Animations API. In...